申办孔子课堂（Application for Confucius Classroom）
Process of Application for Confucius Classroom
Chinese partner schools should meet the following basic requirements:
1. A wealth of experience in international exchange and suitable conditions for foreign visitors;
2. Capacity for sending a number of qualified Chinese teachers or volunteers;
3. A location in municipality-level or prefecture-level cities or above.
Refer to the "Constitution and By-Laws of the Confucius Institutes", and become familiar with the Confucius Classroom's nature, mission statement and scope of business service.
The requisites for a foreign partner institution's establishing of a Confucius classroom are as follows:
1. An educational institution recognized and accredited by its country's government;
2. A demand from local citizens and students for learning Chinese language and culture in the locality of the institute;
3. Capacity for providing the Confucius Classroom an appropriate working space, as well as personnel and support in funding.
Application materials prepared by the foreign applicant will include:
1. An application letter signed by the principal or president (both Chinese and English copies);
2. An application plan (both in Chinese and English), including: a. An introduction to the applicant institution; b. Draft programs for Chinese teaching and cultural promotion; c. A floor plan for the required instructional space, and lists of the relevant equipment and facilities available for the proposed Confucius Classroom; d. A projection of management structure; and e. A statement detailing the source, regulation, and management of funding for the proposed Confucius Classroom.
Subsequent to approval from the education authority at the corresponding level, the Chinese partner school should submit an application to the provincial or municipal education department (committee) for approval.
The provincial or municipal education department (committee) will assess the qualification of the Chinese school, then collect the application materials of both Chinese and foreign partner institutions and submit them to the Confucius Institute Headquarters for approval.
The Headquarters should assess the application materials and ask for permission of Chinese embassy in the institution's respective country, and then sign the "Agreement on the Joint Establishment of a Confucius Classroom" document with the foreign applicant
The Chinese and foreign partner institutions should sign the "Implementation Agreement on the Joint Establishment of a Confucius Classroom" document.
The Chinese school should cooperate with its foreign partner in making operational plans, program budget and final account. In addition, it should dispatch Chinese teachers or volunteers to help the foreign party in the launch and running of the Confucius Classroom.
For more information please visit: //english.hanban.org/node_7879.htm#no2